Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Early Literacy Center: Finding Shapes!

This month I needed something quick and easy to change out in the early literacy center. Summer craziness has hit our library and I didn't want to spend too much time on something. Also, with our current amount of groups visiting I needed something durable enough to last for a month. So I decided on... Shapes!



These were super easy to make. I simply went to publisher and inserted one shape on each page. Then, I found different colors of cardstock. I did seven shapes total.
 
Next, I printed them out, and taped them to the floor. This was definitely the most time consuming part of the project. I used contact paper and clear book mending tape to reinforce it. I still expect these to come up at least once in the next month.

I then added a quick parent tip and some instructions.












Voila! A new fun activity for little ones. Best of all, it was free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...