Thursday, February 6, 2014

Flannel Friday – Make A Snowman!

In our "Play and Learn" center we have a flannel board that we switch out every month. This month, I was feeling very uninspired. With multiple days below 0, I felt pretty accomplished simply by not using any sick days. I decided to keep it simple and reuse a flannel I had made for a storytime activity.


Do you want to build a snowman? (Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.)


Simply cut out 2 white circles and an array of accessories. We have eyes, buttons, a carrot, twigs, and a few fun hats for good measure. I plan on adding other silly items throughout the month.


I included the fabulous book Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner. This is a great way to encourage the parents to talk with their child about the snowman they're building. 


I also include some story starters in case they want to make up their own story about their snowman. 

This is a great flannel to use in storytimes too. It's fun to have the kids build the snowman with you or to but items in the wrong places and have them correct you. They LOVE to correct Miss Brooke. The best part about this flannel is that it is simple, quick, and easy! Now, I can spend my time focusing on how much I wish it was summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...