Monday, December 10, 2012

Preschool Storytime- Letter N

Opening Song
If You Listen and You Hear Me

Letter of the Week

Book
Hide & Seek by Il Sung Na
This book is a quiet read that had the kids listening beautifully. I incorporate counting with this book and we talk about all the ridiculous places the animals are hiding.

 











Book
It's a Tiger! by David LaRochelle
This book is perfect for storytime! The kids all get to yell "It's a Tiger!" and they really enjoy how silly it is. At the end of the book, in both sessions, I had preschoolers want to guess what would happen next to the crocodile in the book. 

Rhyme/Movement
5 Little Monkeys

Book
I'm Not Cute!
This is a very sweet book, and it had the letter 'N' on the cover!












  
Book
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
Anything by Mo Willems is gold.

Rhyme/ Movement
Roly-Poly

At this point, my preschoolers were going wild. The last book really worked them up, and we had a large group of friends that get each other going. So, while I rarely use this rhyme in preschool time, I needed something that was going to bring them all back down to read. I chose...

Rhyme/Movement
Where is Thumbkin
This excited the preschoolers because almost everyone knew the words. The lullaby aspect helped tremendously and everyone was quite calm after this.

Press HereBook
Push Here by Herve Tullet
Throughout this book there were many gasps and "How did you do that?!". At the end I think about half of my crowd was convinced I was using magic.  I did not correct them.

Closing Song
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...