Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Early Literacy – Ocean Animals!

During a trip to the library, where is the one place where almost every child and parent visits? The bathroom! We decided to use the space to promote some fun early literacy. Also, to help distract the little ones while the mom or dad is desperately trying to take care of other siblings.

Sorry about the bad lighting!
I decided to make an "ocean" theme for our bathroom. Since we live in Wisconsin, most of our child patrons have not seen an ocean. We still want parents to talk about it though!










I made it a simple seek and find game. Yes, I realize now that I didn't include the sea turtle on my list. I didn't realize it till I went back to take this picture though.


I also included a literacy tip for parents. It can be easy to talk about things surrounding you, but things you don't see every day are just as important!

Are you all decorating your bathrooms? I'd love to see your pictures!

1 comment:

  1. This is fun! We have two nursery rhyme posters hanging in the children's department bathroom (one over the changing table and one by the paper towel holder), as well as some in our separate nursing room. But I'd love to do more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...