Thursday, August 22, 2013

Early Literacy Center: Colors!

This month I decided to tackle colors in the early literacy center!


I found inspiration for this activity over at Confessions of a Homeschooler. While I liked the paintbrush idea, I thought I would try it with crayons instead.


These were very simple to make. I simply made a crayon shape in publisher and then copied it in a variety of colors. I printed them all on cardstock, along with the corresponding word, and laminated them.


Then, I taped the words down and added magnets to the crayons.


I included a "Crayon Box" for children to put the crayons when they're done.











I also included a parent tip and directions for the activity.

I love sharing literacy center ideas that are inexpensive. Not every library has a huge budget, or one at all, and I want to show that you don't need to buy the $1,000 furniture to have a great space for little ones. What is your favorite inexpensive or free literacy activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...